Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pizza Night~ Mini Pizza Recipe


Every Friday night was cleaning night! Hmm, how much fun can that be? Well, at the end of it was the greatest phone call of all...Delivery! Mom was smart there. Why mess up the kitchen after screaming at kids to help when you can throw everybody in the tub, call out for pizza and watch a movie together? Not bad if I say so myself!

So for quite sometime now I have been doing this with my family. We would have a favorite Friday night show or just pop in a movie, (I too get to fight with my family to help clean!), then we would call out for delivery while the kids take their bath.

Well we have recently moved our pizza night to Wednesdays. We love watching WIPEOUT! This show is too funny! So today, instead of paying full price for our regular delivery, we went with Papa Murphy's. A Papa's Favorite, cookie dough, cinnamon wheel and soda for $13 and some change! Can't beat that or can you? Well maybe I can!

Our Mom used to go the extra mile and have us make our own mini pizzas! We had so much fun doing it. You can do this with your family too. Here is a simple little recipe for you.

1 pkg english muffins (I prefer the sourdough)
1 can tomato paste (or I have also experimented with my fave chunky spaghetti
sauce)
2 pkgs grated cheese or grate your own (any cheese(s) of your choice)
selection of your fave toppings (pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, canadian bacon,
oh you get the picture!)

** Line cookie sheet with foil
** Separate english muffins into halves
** Spread your tomato paste/spaghetti sauce (or mix together) over each one
** Sprinkle a little cheese over
** Add your toppings
** Sprinkle more cheese
****** Place a single topping on top if everyones is different!

Put on broiler and place cookie sheet in. DON'T FORGET YOU HAVE THEM IN THERE! (I have obviously done this! Not happy kids!)

Take out once cheese is lightly browned on top, cool, then it's happy eating!

These mini pizzas are great for your kids, little parties, afternoon snacks or just because! So what night will be "your" pizza night?

2 comments:

  1. My mom used to make some sort of mini pizzas when I was young. I do enjoy making my own pizzas even now. I think they taste way better than the frozen pizzas you pop in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, another great posting, and guess what we're gonna be having for our Friday night treat . . a no brainer then!

    Have a great weekend and will be checking back with you very often.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete